- Denomination: Assessing an Ecclesiological Category (Ecclesiological Investigations, 11).
- About this book.
- 1. Introduction.
- Classic Articles From Model Railroader?
By contrast macro-pragmatics is the pragmatics of discourse-based concepts like speech events global intentionality and macro speech acts. Micro- and macro-pragmatics complement each other both conceptually and in terms of the division of labour across the arena of contemporary pragmatics.
Author: Yan Huang 1. Keywords: pragmatics ; Anglo-American pragmatics ; Continental pragmatics ; micro-pragmatics ; macro-pragmatics ; contextualism vs. Restricted Access. Add to Cart.
References - Oxford Handbooks
Have an Access Token? Enter your access token to activate and access content online. Aimed at an interdisciplinary audience the book is both an accessible introductory text for students and an original contribution to current academic debates in feminism, gender theory, discourse analysis and linguistics. Christine Christie offers a systematic introduction to pragmatic approaches such as relevance theory, speech act theory and politeness theory. Each pragmatic approach is carefully explained and illustrated using practical examples that show how pragmatics can inform feminist analyses of naturally occurring language use across a range of contexts, including news texts, informal conversation, institutional dialogue and political discourse.
Research Survey Article: Micro- and Macro-Pragmatics: Remapping Their Terrains
Gender and Language demonstrates how the application of pragmatic concepts - such as entailment, presupposition, implicature and textual coherence - provides insights into the way that gender is implicated in meaning generation, and the way that language functions generally in relation to its socio-culturally situated users. The book also shows how the insights offered by pragmatic analyses can inform debates surrounding the linguistic construction of gender.
- Gender and language : towards a feminist pragmatics;
- From Center to Margins: The Importance of Self-Definition in Research.
- Postfeminism as a critical tool for gender and language study | Gender and Language!
- Digital Control Systems [electronic resource]: Design, Identification and Implementation!
- Rethinking Japanese Modernism.
- Arrhythmogenic RV Cardiomyopathy/Dysplasia: Recent Advances.
Free Returns We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Book Description Edinburgh Univ Pr, Condition: Brand New. In Stock. Seller Inventory zk Book Description Edinburgh University Press, Condition: NEW.
Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 10 working days. For all enquiries, please contact Herb Tandree Philosophy Books directly - customer service is our primary goal.
Gender and Language: Towards a Feminist Pragmatics. Christine Christie.
Publisher: Edinburgh University Press , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:.
- Interdisciplinary Studies in Pragmatics, Culture and Society | SpringerLink.
- Time for Aristotle: Physics IV. 10-14 (Oxford Aristotle Studies)?
- Gender and Language: Towards a Feminist Pragmatics by Christine Christie?
- Financial Accounting in an Economic Context 8th ed.
- Experiential Training: Practical Guidelines!
- The Setting Sun!
- Get this edition;
Related Gender and Language: Towards a Feminist Pragmatics
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved