The place is a Utopian America.
Looking Backward: 2000-1887 (Penguin Classics)
This is the backdrop for Edward Bellamy's prophetic novel about a young Boston gentleman who is mysteriously transported from the nineteenth to the twenty-first century - from a world of war and want to a world of peace and plenty. Translated into more than twenty languages, and the most widely read novel of its time, "Looking Backward" is more than a brilliant visionary's view of the future. It is a blueprint of the "perfect society, " a guidebook that stimulated some of the greatest thinkers of our age. John Dewey, Charles Beard, and Edward Weeks, in separate surveys conducted in , listed Edward Bellamy's novel as the most influential work written by an American in the preceding fifty years.
Bellamy's early novels, including Six to One , Dr.
- A Brief History of the Tudor Age.
- An Engineers Guide to MATLAB: With Applications from Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, and Biological Systems Engineering, 3rd Edition.
- Looking Backward: Book Price Comparison | Edward Bellamy | .
- Curriculum Development in Language Teaching (Cambridge Language Education).
Heidenhoff's Process , and Miss Ludington's Sister did not bring him much renown, but a turn to utopian science fiction with Looking Backward, published in January , captured the public imagination and catapulted Bellamy to literary fame. Published September 1st by Oxford University Press. Matthew Beaumont Editor.
Looking Backward, — — Kindle Edition. Erich Fromm Foreword.
- ISBN 13: 9780140390186?
- Statistical Analysis of Profile Monitoring (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics).
- Blame It on Bath (The Truth About the Duke, Book 2).
- Anxietys Inner Voice.
- Global Change: Interviews with Leading Climate Scientists.
- Real Analysis and Probability.
- Sexting and Cyberbullying: Defining the Line for Digitally Empowered Kids!
Eliot Fintushel Afterword. Looking Backward: to Wisehouse Classics Edition.
Looking Backward : 2000-1887 by Edward Bellamy (1982, Paperback)
Sam Vaseghi Goodreads Author Editor. Matthew Beaumont Introduction. Alex MacDonald Editor.
Looking Backward: to Paperback. Looking Backward, Paperback. Edward Bellamy Editor ,.
Daniel H. Borus Editor.
Looking Backward: , by Edward Bellamy | | Booktopia
Looking Backward, to Kindle Edition. Rod Seppelt.
David Selkirk. Patricia Selkirk. Laura Bonds Goodreads Author Editor.
Related Looking Backward: 2000-1887 (Penguin Classics)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved